Tuesday, April 6, 2010

vol. 59

sorry, but since i'm back, i'm going to go on a little rant...

i'm really not sure when it began - if it's due to spellcheck or not (and i doubt it, since most people are too damn lazy to even take the 20 seconds it takes to run spellcheck), but it's disgusting just how horrendously pathetic the average person's ability to spell has become (and when i say average, i really mean everybody's)

people - you don't loose your keys when you can't find them, you lose them... right now there truly must be some kind of secret society that's out there teaching people that this is how you spell lose because i can't even begin to tell you how many times i've seen this lately...

and, while i'm at it... led is the past tense form of to lead, NOT lead...

4 comments:

  1. I no what you mean. It seams like no one can spell worth a damn these days. What is wrong with the way we teach are children too spell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lose/loose thing drives me insane too! In fact I see it so often that the other day I started to wonder if I was wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scott...
    that had me cracking up - the simple fact is that we don't teach them how to spell anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same irritation with the misuse of too/to/two, as well as people who feel the need to put apostrophes everywhere. While I'm at it, it's also annoying when people don't capitalize appropriately, but I don't want to dwell on that since you seem to write "i" a lot.

    ReplyDelete